Thank you for visiting Christmas on Knob Hill, the best place to see Christmas lights in San Diego. It takes a lot of time and effort to put this display together and many people are interested in all of the details. The following are some of the questions that always seem to come up in conversations about the Christmas light display. If you have a specific question about Christmas on Knob Hill email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. When do you start decorating for Christmas?
We start decorating the first week of October.
2. How many lights are there?
Over 80,000 lights, 100 plastic figures, 20 rope light figures, 80 snowmen, 100 candy canes, etc.
3. How long does it take to setup the display?
The display takes about 2 months to complete.
4. What is your electric bill?
Our bill usually triples during the holidays.
5. How long does the display run?
For 2008 the Christmas display will run from November 27 until December 31.
6. What time do you turn the lights on?
The lights are on nightly from 5pm- 9pm. (except Wednesday)
7. When does Santa arrive?
For 2008, Santa will be here from December 13 until December 23 from 6:30pm – 8pm (Except Wednesday – Santa Bowls).
8. Can we take pictures of Santa?
9. How much does it cost to take pictures with Santa?
Absolutely nothing, although Santa does appreciate the occasional cookie.
10. Can I bring Santa my Christmas list?
Santa loves getting lists from kids. You can hand deliver them to Santa during his hours or just drop it into his mailbox outside.
11. How long have you been decorating?
We have been decorating for over 15 years.
12. Why do you do this?
We decorate as a gift to the community. We see this as a way of giving back and enjoy seeing the happy faces of kids and adults alike.
13. How many candy canes do you give out a year?
14. Where do you store everything?
We have two sheds in the backyard where we store all of the decorations.
15. How many people visit each year?
We estimate over 10,000 people enjoy the Christmas display each year.